Tuesday 8 November 2011

First snowfall of the season. Yay?

Ok, so technically the first snowfall was actually on Sunday but since the snow has decided to hang around until now, I wanted to put together a list of things for which I am thankful this winter season:

Winter tires - Rather, driving around with people who have already put on their winter tires.  Had no idea until I moved out here how big a difference snow tires can make vs. all-season ones.  I'm now a believer.

People who shovel their sidewalks - THANK YOU. I love you people.

Proper winter accoutrements - Down-filled ski jacket? Check.  Ear-muffins? Check.  Lo-Jo's? Check.  Gloves, scarf and toque?  Check, check and check.  Fantastic boots with amazing traction? Double-Check.  Awesome.

On the downside, I am NOT thankful for roads and sidewalks that are icy as all hell due to thawing and refreezing, and the fact that there's no daylight savings time in Saskatchewan (I walk to and from work in perpetual twilight now.) 

Now let's see if I survive the imminent -40 below temperature drop...

No comments:

Post a Comment