Thursday 17 November 2011

The Saskatchewan Swing-Step?

I went and visited a friend of mine in Wyoming last year at Christmastime, and he taught me what is lovingly referred to there as "the Wyoming Shuffle" - a preferred walking style for when it's snowy, icy, and generally super-slippery outside. 

Well, I have taken that shuffle and I have made it my own.  I have reworked it and am now doing what I like to call "the Saskatchewan Swing-Step".  Or "the Regina Processional"; I haven't really decided yet.  It's a combination glide/shuffle/stomp/swing/occasional two-step to avoid icy, angled driveways.  It ain't all that pretty, but it gets me where I need to go without ending up sliding on my butt.  (Which, coincidentally, is looking fabulous due to all this strenuous Swing-Stepping to and from work! I knew there had to be an upside to walking in the winter...)

No comments:

Post a Comment