Sunday 2 October 2011

A little spiritual (and retail) therapy

Today was a lovely day wherein I got to visit with an amazing Baha'i junior youth group and then spend the afternoon traipsing through downtown Regina.

The morning found me awake at six (on a Sunday? uncool...) but I was able to fall back to sleep for a few more blissful hours.  Upon reawakening, my landlord took me across town to another family's house where they have Baha'i-inspired children's classes and junior youth study classes, all of which are designed to help create a new morally- and spiritually-developed generation of youngsters.  While I'm in Regina, I plan on assisting with the younger children's class.
(By the way, Baha'i communities all across the world are holding these types of moral education classes, so if you have children that are interested in attending, just contact your local Baha'i community for more information.)

Afterwards, I was dropped off downtown to do a little exploring; it's been over a month since I arrived here in Regina yet I still hadn't taken the opportunity to head down there until today.  Let me tell you, downtown on a Sunday morning is DEAD.  But once the clock strikes noon, a few of the stores start opening up and the mall is hopping!  It was definitely nice to walk around for a couple of hours and soak up the local colour.

2 comments:

  1. SJ is worst! Nothing opens downtown on Sundays. And i mean nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, poor May-Lin! You'll just have to amuse yourself by going out and getting delicious seafood instead. :)

    ReplyDelete