Saturday 17 September 2011

CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders

Today is football Game Day in Regina.
 
This means that the streets are snarled with the car- and foot-traffic of thousands of Roughriders fans heading to the big game.  The world is awash in a sea of green and black and silver.  RRs fans are loyal and a little crazy, although perhaps not any more crazy than other sports fanatics, one might say.  The way I figure it, since there's no official NHL team out this way, football is the only outlet these fans seem to have.  And the whole province LOVES them.



This is the watermelon helmet that is apparently a required accessory of most die-hard fans.

There are a variety of ways to sport one's watermelon helmet.





This is probably my favourite, since he's also got the matching shades.
All in all, a rather riotous group of ardent fans, some of whom don their full RRs apparel even when it's not Game Day.  The RRs are playing the Toronto Argonauts today, and at this point I have no idea who I should be cheering for (although I suspect I might need to find some RRs gear to blend in or I might get kicked out of the province.)  Either way - PLAY ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment